Definitions and interpretation:
Member means the Membership account owner.
Membership means membership in the Friends of Abu Dhabi Art.
Membership Fee means a non-refundable annual fee of AED12,000 per person (AED18,000 per couple), payable in advance for the Membership Period.
Membership Period means the Member’s 12-month period of Membership commencing from the Membership start date.
Terms means these terms and conditions of Membership.
1. Members will be involved in commissioning new artworks for Abu Dhabi each year. The artworks will be exhibited in a public space for 3 months. For 2023, the Friends of Abu Dhabi Art will be credited for supporting Beyond: Emerging Artists 2023 and will be part of this initiative.
2. Members will attend a private virtual talk with the commissioned artists and curators to learn more about their practices.
3. Members will visit the chosen artist studios and / or Abu Dhabi location for a ‘behind the scenes’ experience to see the artists creating and installing the works as they develop.
4. Members will attend a private event for Members and their guests with the artists to view and celebrate the finished works before they are revealed to the public.
5. A ‘thank you’ plaque with names of Members will be displayed next to the commissioned works each year.
6. A book will be published at the end of five years cataloguing the works created through the support of Members.
Membership can be cancelled at any time. If payment is being made monthly and a membership is cancelled, payment shall cease immediately. No refunds for prior payments made are possible.
These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and the Federal Laws of the United Arab Emirates as those laws are applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.