The programme featured established speakers from the UAE art community including Antonia Carver, Laila Binbrek, Reem Fadda, Nawal al Qassimi, Smita Prabakhar and Zain Massud together with international participants including Chris Dercon, Fawz Kabra and Aimee Dawson, alongside participating curators and artists in the 2020 edition of the fair. The talks programme discussed the development of the art scene in the UAE over the last decade, contemporary art practices in the country and art perspectives and insights from around the world.
• A Thobe Story
• Curating Virtual Exhibitions
• UAE Architecture Students Design Floating Schools
• India Today
• How UAE Art Institutions Have Shaped and Impacted the Local Art Eco-system
• The Day After
• In The Round
• Beyond: Emerging Artists
The 2020 Collectors Forum was part of Abu Dhabi Art’s 2020 Summer Programme. The Summer Programme was an online platform to connect to the art community. The programme included an online Summer Catalogue by Abu Dhabi Art’s participating galleries and a Collectors Forum with a series of talks organised by Roxane Zand.
Organiser: Roxane Zand
• Collecting Post-Covid
• The Future of Art and Artists
• Dialogues Between the Artist and Nature
• Globalism and Art Collecting: The Case of the Middle East and South Asia