Definitions and interpretation:
Friends of Abu Dhabi Art is an initiative of Abu Dhabi Art comprised of a group of individuals who are actively committed to supporting art and culture in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Member means the Membership account owner.
Membership means membership in the Friends of Abu Dhabi Art.
Membership Fee means a non-refundable monthly fee of AED1,000 per person (AED1,500 per couple), payable in advance for the Membership Period of 12 months.
Membership Period means the Member’s 12-month period of Membership commencing from the Membership start date.
Terms means these terms and conditions of Membership.
1. Members will be involved in commissioning new artworks for Abu Dhabi each year. The artworks will be exhibited in a public space for 3 months. For 2021, the Friends of Abu Dhabi Art will be credited for supporting Beyond: Emerging Artists 2021 and will be part of this initiative.
2. Members will attend a private virtual talk with the commissioned artists and curators to learn more about their practices.
3. Members will visit the chosen artist studios and / or Abu Dhabi location for a ‘behind the scenes’ experience to see the artists creating and installing the works as they develop.
4. Members will attend a private event for Members and their guests with the artists to view and celebrate the finished works before they are revealed to the public.
5. A ‘thank you’ plaque with names of Members will be displayed next to the commissioned works each year.
6. A book will be published at the end of five years cataloguing the works created through the support of Members.
Payment of Fees
The Membership Fee is payable at the time of application to the (1) following account or (b) credit card payment:
Account name: Department of Culture and Tourism
Bank name: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
Account number: 10179268020001
Account currency: AED
Account opening date: 01/06/2014 up to date
Swift Code: ADCBAEAA
Membership can be cancelled at any time. If payment is being made monthly and a membership is cancelled, payment shall cease immediately. No refunds for prior payments made are possible.
These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and the Federal Laws of the United Arab Emirates as those laws are applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.